Carrot Apple Muffins




The love for food and the blogging world has gifted me many wonderful friends. Today I have a special guest to share my space. Meet this sweet and beautiful gal Razina, who is a super cook and baker, blogs at “The Recipes of India”. Do visit her space and grab the most delicious recipes. I’m fond of her Tandoori chicken and chicken biryani. She is the one who manages her profession and passion of blogging in a very good balance. I’m very much excited and lucky to get her here. Over to you Razi…..

Hello, I’m Razina - a blogger at The Recipes of India. I've spent my growing up years in a country called The United Arab Emirates before relocating to India post marriage. I'm basically an Accounts professional with 7 years of hands on experience and worked in the city of Dubai, Sharjah and Bangalore. But when mommy hood dawned on me, I decided a quit to enjoy and experience this beautiful phase of life gifted by God. It was then that my kitchen journey began and the excitement that I got when I made my first roti, my first daal, my first curry and so on. Thus The Recipes of India was born more out of necessity to keep a record of my daily meal. I have come a long way and you will find simple as well as exotic recipes along with  my baking experiments (my latest obsession) on my page with some random ramblings and snippets from my life. 



When Remya sent me an invitation for a guest post, I was over whelmed and accepted it at an instance. But due to the busy schedule of professional and personal life this post got delayed. As promised, I have brought for you my first baked goodie from my new appliance - Carrot Apple Muffins. The reason why I chose to bake muffins as my trial was that there are less chances of getting it failed as compared to cakes. And the best thing that I like about making muffins is that it doesn't require that three times sifting of the flour and doesn't use hand blender as well. You just need to mix everything gently.



Recipe Source: Joy of Baking 
Makes 12 Muffins

Ingredients:
All purpose flour/maida - 1 1/3 cups
Carrots - 1 1/3 cups, grated
Apples - 1, small, peeled and grated
Walnut - 1/4 cup, toasted and chopped
Granulated sugar - 3/4 cup
Eggs - 2, large
Oil - 1/2 cup (I used sunflower oil)
Baking powder - 1 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
Vanilla essence - 1/2 tsp  
Method:
Preheat the oven to 180oC

In a bowl take all purpose flour, sugar, salt, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda. Mix well.

Add the toasted walnuts and mix them.

In a separate bowl whisk together eggs, oil and vanilla

Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and give a gentle stir

Fold in the grated carrots and apples until just combined. Do not over mix
Line the muffin tray with paper liners and spoon the batter up to 2/3rd of it.

Bake for 20-25 minutes or till an inserted toothpick in the center of the muffin comes out clean.

Remove from oven and place the tray on a wire rack for some time to get it cooled. Now remove the muffins from the tray and keep on the wire rack until it gets completely cooled down.

You can enjoy as it is or with a dollop of cream cheese frosting on each muffin.

Thank you Remya for giving me this opportunity. Hope you and your readers will like it as much as me and my family enjoyed it.

Thanks a lot Razi for accepting my request and sharing yummy carrot apple muffins recipe in my small space. To the readers…… hope u all enjoyed this recipe… I can’t wait much to make my kitchen smell the baking aroma of carrot and apple muffins……  So try it and serve to your loved ones…… :-)


Labels: , , , , ,