Motichoor Ladoo




Have you all enjoyed your weekend....? May an Indian sweet make you happy today. In my childhood, other than cake, two most important sweets in my home were ladoo and jilebi.... Me and my brothers used to crave like anything for these two sweets. My mom used to buy these sweets often.....and the last one left will be for mom....After finishing my portion, I used to ask mommy with pleasing eyes...."Do you really want this.....?" . She replies "okay...you take ..... but give equal portion to your brothers also...." . But my dearest brothers, on seeing such begging eyes of mine.....tells, "chechi (sister) you eat....we don't want....." and the same rule applies for almost everything which I'm fond of . Most of us recognizes our mothers sacrifices, her warmth and her unconditional love when we put ourselves into that shoes..... right? My eyes became wet while typing this.... 



I came to know about this motichoor laddo from Dhanya Sheen, who have motivated me to try this.... thanks a lot dear...... By Gods grace, this came out well in my first try. I got recipe from here. My others posts in Indian sweets are  Kaju Katli and Pear Burfi .




Ingredients:
For boondi:
1 cup of besan/gram flour
3/4 cup of water
one big pinch of saffron
Oil or ghee for deep frying
Ghee for greasing

For syrup
1 cup of sugar
1/2 cup of water
1/8 teaspoon of saffron

Raisins or any seeds (optional)

Equipment:
A large perforated spoon

Method :
Boondi:
Mix besan flour, water and saffron and make a smooth batter without any lumps. 

Heat oil in a kadai and when it becomes hot, pour batter over the perforated spoon and gently shake the spoon. So the batter flows through the holes and fry them for about 1 minute. 

When the sizzling sound stops, remove the boondis with the perforated spoon and transfer them to a kitchen napkin to remove excess oil. 

Repeat the same till the entire batter of boondi is fried.

Syrup:
Mix sugar water and saffron in a sauce pan and heat on medium flame. When it attains a thread consistency (but not hard), reduce flame to low and add boondis and stir them well. 

Cook till the boondis starts leaving the sides of the pan and entire sugar syrup is absorbed by boondis. Now take off from heat and add raisins or any seeds and mix well.

When it is still warm, but touchable, grease your palms with ghee and shape them into balls.



Note:
Do not over fry boondi.

Sometimes, fried boondis may have a tendency to get stick together. Do not bother, with a spoon you could separate them while cooking in sugar syrup.

Wipe the perforated spoon with a kitchen towel or napkin after each batch of boondi frying. This is to ensure smooth flowing of batter through holes.



It was on a marathon cooking day, I made this..... My better half told "Best ladoo I have ever tasted  dear...and make it more often..." and my little one was rushing to take more to her belly..... and of course homemade always wins.... :-)



Labels: , , , , , , ,