Creamy Asparagus Pasta









How is your day....? Here we are having a light rain outside. I could see everybody running for the last round of preparation for thanks giving day. Happy thanks giving to all of you......When I went through my blog, I came to know that there is no pasta or less veggie dishes in my blog.





I must also thank my friend Anupa Balu who called my attention to post kids lunch box recipe. Asparagus is a very nutritious vegetable. For knowing more info, click here. This is a quick recipe so that you can also make it for dinner when you have less time to prepare.







Ingredients:
3 cups of pasta and 9 cups of water (for cooking pasta)
2 tablespoon of olive oil
Hand full of asparagus quartered or chopped into small pieces 
Half of a medium sized onion (chopped)
5 cloves of garlic (chopped)
2 teaspoon of red chilly flakes (increase or decrease as per your requirement)
One or two pinches of dried Oregano
3/4 cup of heavy whipping cream
Salt and pepper (as per your taste requirement)
3 tablespoons of mozzarella cheese


Method:


Heat water in a large pan and add pasta and cook till done.



Heat olive oil in a pan and add garlic, onion, red chilly flakes  and saute it well till the onions are translucent.



Add the asparagus, salt and pepper and cover it and cook in low flame till the asparagus become translucent



Add the heavy whipping cream and the mozzarella cheese and cook it till the sauce is thick.



Now add the pasta to the above asparagus mixture and fold it and let it remain in the low heat  for 3 minutes so that the pasta is well blended into the sauce. Sprinkle the dried oregano and serve immediately.   






I like pasta even though my better half is not much fond of. This time I made it in a creamy way so that he could also tolerate. But to my surprise, his level has been increased from tolerate point to like point. My little one simply loved it..... :-)

Sending this to Remmy's Kitchen





Labels: , , , , ,