Pear Cobbler




How was your days...? Mine was a little bit sick with fever and now getting better. I'm excited to tell you that sun has removed the mask of clouds, and started to smile and shine as ever.....and I feel very happy to see children playing outside, making wooden cart, running and exploring......kept me to have a journey to my early days.....Each of us have such a good frame of flashes with a good aroma of memories right...?



Fruit cobbler is one I always wanted to make.....but it was always postponed due to simple reasons.....This was yet another dish which I promised you the visit in  the Pear Burfi post.  This is a fruit based baked dessert and I made in individual 4oz ramekins and I got the recipe from here. 





Ingredients:

One cup of sugar
3 Pears (I used Bosc)
1 stick/4 oz of butter or margarine
3/4 cup of all purpose flour
2 teaspoon of baking powder
A pinch of salt
3/4 cup of milk
One large egg
One teaspoon of cinnamon powder

Method:

Put 3 tablespoon of sugar and combine it well with the pears for maceration in a bowl. Arrange eight 4 oz ramekins or a 8 inch cake tin.

Melt the butter.

Mix all the dry ingredients including the remaining sugar.

Beat the egg lightly with a fork and add milk into it. Pour this into the dry ingredients and fold in butter to make a smooth and creamy batter without any lumps.

Pour the batter into the prepared ramekins less than half way and put pears above it. The entire mixture should not be above three fourth.

Bake for one hour at 325 oF.



If you are not a sugar loving one, sugar may be reduced to half cup. This is indeed a beautiful dessert that can also be served with whipping cream. This dessert made in ramekins was a great hit in my family......so make this in yours too.... :-)


Sending this to Remmy's Kitchen




Labels: , ,