A decorated Vanilla Sponge Cake- Happy B'day to my little Bloggie ...!


Marshmallow fondant


Thank Lord!
Dear Bloggie....
On this first blogoversary, I must appreciate your patience to bear me as your owner. At times I have ignored you without feeding.......but you uncomplainingly waited for the next post. I felt immense pleasure whenever I dress you up with decorated cakes.....and I sense your attractiveness whenever I do so.....So for your first birthday......I wanna make up you with a fresh and the best costume in my wardrobe.........and I'm sure that this is not a perfect one and hope you would forgive me as I haven't done anything perfect :P

Marshmallow fondant


Thanks to all of you for your great support and encouragement. Now a days.......my daughter when gets up in the morning, first ask me......"Mamma...cake undakki thaaa....!!!" (mamma.... prepare a cake for me). Initially....I was surprised to hear that. Then I understood the reason, that recently I made Tiramisu from scratch...(starting from the lady fingers). So with her breakfast, I have given some lady fingers (she calls it a cake)......And now....Everything got finished.....but poor Rydhi...in her little world, still dreaming of the cake...

Marshmallow fondant


So when my daughters demand and my bloggie's b'rday clubbed up, I had to make a decorated delicious cake. For decoration, I made marshmallow fondant. The recipe of the sponge cake is adapted from here.  

Marshmallow fondant



Vanilla sponge cake

Ingredients:
Two cups of all purpose flour
One teaspoon of vanilla essence
Two Cups of powdered sugar (May be decreased as per your sugar requirement)
Four large eggs
One cup of milk
1/4 Cup of salted butter
2 teaspoons of baking powder

Method:
Preheat your oven to 350oF/176oC and grease two 8 inch round pans (I used one 8 inch pan and made some cup cakes)

Sift the dry ingredients together- flour and baking powder and keep aside.

In a large bowl, beat eggs on high speed about 5 minutes. Add sugar and beat again for till it falls like a slow ribbon.

Put in the vanilla extract and stir on low speed.

Microwave milk and butter till the butter gets melted. (or in a sauce pan heat milk and butter till the butter gets melted).

Now add the dry ingredients to the egg sugar mixture in three batches. Firstly, add one third of the dry ingredients, beat on low speed making sure that the dry ingredients are incorporated well. Then repeat the same for the next two batches.

Bake till a toothpick inserted comes out clean. For me, it took almost one hour and ten minutes. The cup cakes were ready in 15 minutes.

Marshmallow fondant





If you do not have a plan to make cupcakes, I would recommend you to use two 8 inch cake tins as the cake will be puffed up to a good extend.....and if you do not have only one 8 inch cake tin, just take half of all the measurement and  prepare the cake.

Marshmallow fondant roses


The cake is so delicious and indeed a soft sponge cake and I feel it is somewhat closer to  a pinch cake in "The cake bible " by Rose Levy Beranbaum. The taste of cake and icing were well matched. 

Marshmallow fondant


When the cup cakes were out of the oven, Rydhi was impatiently waiting for the photo shoot. Soon after camera is put back to the camera bag, she just grabbed it and even her dad had to steel it :-)

Marshmallow fondant


Dad and daughter had the cake and fallen on it........so my little bloggie too.... and hope you too have enjoyed this :-). 

Marshmallow fondant





Labels: , , , , , , , ,