Molten Lava Cake



My youngest brother Rahul, used to ask me  frequently the molten lava cake when he saw the same from the Master Chef program. The cake impressed him at the first sight itself. But his lazy sister  baked the molten lava cake recently only.

 


I got the recipe from showmethecurry.com.  The oozing chocolate sauce resembles  the lava, and that is why it is known so. When I baked this cake, I got thrilled that the chocolate lava came out. When we compare the taste and effort, it would never balance because the weight goes more towards the taste . With less effort you can win the hearts of your family and guests. God is gracious to me. For my little blog, I'm getting more and more exciting  recipes to post. 



Ingredients:

Eggs- 2
Sugar- 1/3 Cup
Butter- 113 gram or 4 oz and extra for greasing
All Purpose flour- 1/4 Cup
Semisweet Chocolate- 113 gram or 4 oz
Icing sugar to dust

Procedure:

Beat the eggs and sugar until light and fluffy and set aside.

Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and once it is melted, remove the pan from heat and add butter and mix  well till the butter is melted completely.

Add the chocolate butter mixture into the eggs mixture and fold the all purpose flour into the chocolate egg mixture

Grease the sides and bottom of ramekins and pour the batter about 3/4  way full.

Place the ramekins over the baking tray and bake for 10 minutes at 350oF or 180oC.

Dust some icing sugar on the top



When my hero came back to home after his work, it was a yummy surprise for him. He  told me that he feels his standard of taste is coming to the higher and higher end and so his like for the store brought dishes are coming down. Energized by his words to go ahead.....And Rahul told, "Chechi....the chocolate volcano explodes in mouth......"

What mom.......? I'm busy ......................!!!




I made this cake again in the very next day when my parents came. They were speechless by its taste. My mom told me that I'm becoming more and more crazy on cooking. She is absolutely right......I'm getting more and more mad on baking and cooking :-)






Labels: , , ,