Custard Powder Butter Cookies



When my hubby bought a 1 Kg custard powder, I started thinking on how it can be used to prepare a tasty snack. My mind got messed up with many combinations. At last I decided to make  butter cookies with custard powder. This is a very soft butter cookie with a vanilla custard flavor and very simple to make.  

Ingredients Required:

Custard Powder-1/2 cup
Maida  or All purpose Flour- 2 Cups.
Large Egg- 1 No.
Butter- 200 grams
Baking Powder- 3/4 teaspoon
Baking Soda-1/2 teaspoon
Sugar - 1 cup
Vanilla Essence- 1 3/4 teaspoon.
Makes 30-35 cookies

Procedure:
1. Preheat your oven to 170oC/330o F and place the rack at the centre of the oven.
2. Beat the butter till it is smooth and add sugar till it is  completely dissolved. Then add vanilla extract and egg and beat for 2- 3 minutes till it is fluffy.
3. In a bowl, combine the dry ingredients-flour, custard powder, baking soda and baking powder and just whisk it together till it is well mixed.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the batter in three batches and whip it. With your hand, knead it to form a smooth dough. If the dough is sticky, add a little more custard powder and knead again.
5. Take a small amount of dough make it a small ball with your hand and level it and cut it with your favorite cookie cutter and place it into the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. After baking, let the cookies remain in the baking sheet till it is completely cool.


Whisking the dry ingredients

Knead into a non sticky smooth dough
++++

Cut with cookie cutters and place in a baking sheet.


Cookies ready for serving

When I have given it to my hubby, he said  "Darling, this is having a rich custard flavor and very buttery and awesome" and when my brother got it, he told, "chechi  adipoli". My little kid Rydhi also  liked it very much and she was just asking more by telling "mamma ttthaaa (give me more)". So, I'm sure that your kid would love it :).

Labels: , , ,